Closing date: 30/06/2023
The purpose of the job
This position will report to the Marketing Manager. The main purpose of the job is to raise the resources that the organisation requires to fulfil its strategic role in society. This will require i.a. to identify, attract and retain prospective corporate and individual donors.
Summary of responsibilities
The development of income sources through:
- The cultivation of donors and provision of excellent service to them
- The execution of approved events.
- Develop networks across various potential donor funding streams.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns that would be effective and to the benefit of the organisation.
- Personal development
- General duties
- Raise funds for application to the care of the beneficiaries of the organisation and in line with monthly and annual budgeted targets
- Provide in the needs of current active donors by providing them with prompt and excellent service
- Reactivate inactive donors
- Research and identify prospective corporate and individual donors in line with the department objectives and procedures
- Develop sound relationships with prospective and existing donors
- Provide input and execute marketing campaigns to attract inactive and new donors
- Provide input and execute marketing campaigns to grow the involvement and commitment of currently active donors.
- Research and write professional proposals and monitor the outcomes of funding and report in line with requirements of funders.
- Execute approved fundraising events in line with budget targets
- Pursue approved fundraising activities in line with agreed targets
PUBLIC RELATIONS AND MARKETING
- Promote the company’s brand and brand values throughout donor relationships
- Communicate with people at all levels
- Deal with queries and information requests
- Develop and write marketing messaging, adverts and information brochures
- Contribute to content on all media, including monthly e-newsletter, bi-annual print newsletter, marketing products for campaigns and information sheets about programmes.
- Represent the organisation as a formal delegate with other organisations and or companies.
- The incumbent will be required to take an active part in their personal development via the performance assessment process, where development areas may be identified.
- The incumbent should take an active part in identifying and enrolling for courses needed to ensure growth and that will enable him/her to keep pace with changes in the field of marketing and fundraising as well as communication preferences and technology.
- The incumbent must remain informed and on top of developments internally in order to be able to represent the organisation on all levels.
- The incumbent will be responsible for his/her own administration in respect of record keeping of all interaction and correspondence with donors and prospects.
- The incumbent will be required to report on activities to determine lead indicators.
- The incumbent will have to review income reports and control that all communication is up to date.
- The incumbent must ensure that donations are accurately recorded on the donor database.
- The incumbent must follow up with the spending of donated income to facilitate reporting when required
- The incumbent must ensure that donors preferences are accurately reflected on the database so that they can be easily identified for the receipt of preferred communication.
- The incumbent must attend all internal meetings required such as the weekly departmental meeting, the marketing committee meeting and the staff meeting.
- The incumbent must execute any reasonable instruction of the marketing manager or the Chief Executive or a person authorised by one of these people.
- Strong communication skills in Afrikaans and English
- Fluency in an African language will be an advantage
- Excellent networking skills
- Skilled in electronic communication, including social media
- Good administrative skills with a systematic approach to work
- Stress tolerance
- Energetic, confident, disciplined and presentable
- Ambitious self-starter
- Passionate about children in need
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- NQF level 6 or 7 qualification in Marketing or Communications
- Two years’ experience in a professional capacity as a sales consultant or business development manager or related field.
- Previous exposure to an NGO environment will be an advantage
- Drivers licence with reliable vehicle
Should you meet the above requirements please send a detailed CV with a professional application form downloadable from our website www.abrahamkriel.org to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.