Closing date: 28/02/2024
Section Head: Baby ward unit at Maria Kloppers Campus – Observatory – Jhb
The purpose of the job
Incumbent is responsible for the management of the baby ward unit at Maria Kloppers Campus, as well as the handling of specific management tasks related to the campus in the absence of the Campus Manager. The incumbent will further be responsible to diagnose, treat and refer minor ailments. Supporting all aspects of clinical and psychological care to the babies including nutritional and dietary requirements. Manage and control employees under his/her direct supervision. Motivate and develop staff, responsible for building and maintaining a positive team spirit.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Baby ward unit.
- Develop and execute a daily programme and routine in the section which will be beneficial for the optimal development of the babies in the ward.
- Identify signs and symptoms of illness in babies’ physical and psychological health and facilitate interventions to eliminate discomfort.
- Responsible for a staff compliment of 17 employees.
- Manage hygiene and sanitation within the department, ensuring all measures are in place for the safety of the babies and toddlers.
- Plan, design and implement programmes that will stimulate the development and physical needs of the babies.
- Prepare a departmental budget, help maintain materials, equipment and stock, reporting problems and defects in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Maintain an effective communication network: verbal, written and electronic to staff on matters pertaining to the wellbeing of the children, the babies and toddlers, as well as assist the manager in all matters pertaining to the unit.
- Be aware of departmental policies and procedures, as well as the legal aspects pertaining to childcare law.
- Ensure health and safety legislation is maintained at all times. Including workplace risk assessment control of infection, as well as the wellbeing and risk to staff.
- Strong managerial and administrative skills.
- Be able to identify the needs of the infants and toddlers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, able to develop positive relationships with the staff and managers.
- The ability to be multi skilled, multi tasked, must have self-discipline.
- Be able to manage staff and delegate responsibilities.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy.
- Relevant qualification and valid registration with the South African Nursing Council as an enrolled nurse, level 2 or 3.
- Previous experience with infants and toddlers will be an advantage.
- At least 2 years in a managerial role, or supervisory of staff.
- Being able to read, speak and write English. An African language will be advantageous.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Should you meet any of the above requirements please email your CV to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact Ms Pheli Baduza on 011-648 1394/5.
Should you meet the above requirements please send a detailed CV with a professional application form downloadable from our website: www.abrahamkriel.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.